Hindustan Unilever to acquire 100% in Zywie Ventures (Oziva) in two installments

Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL), a blue-chip company that competes in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, with a market value of $6,34,695.09 Cr. The largest fast-moving consumer goods firm in India, Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), announced plans to buy 100% of Zywie Ventures (Oziva) in two instalments, with 51.00% of the shareholdings to be purchased in the first instalment and the remaining 49.00% to be purchased in the second.

Zywie Ventures Private Limited is a private limited company incorporated in India. HUL has entered into definitive documents (Transaction Documents) to acquire 100% of the shareholding through subscription of Zywie Ventures Private Limited shares and purchase of shares from its existing shareholders in two tranches, wherein 51.00% of the shareholding will be acquired in the first tranche and the remaining 49.00% shareholding shall be acquired in the second tranche.

OZiva, a plant-based and clean-label consumer wellness brand founded in 2016, concentrates on markets with high demand for lifestyle protein, hair and beauty supplements, and women’s health. HUL will obtain a 51% ownership holding by way of a major injection and subsequent buyouts. The remaining 49% will be purchased after 36 months based on previously agreed-upon valuation standards, according to HUL. The current OZiva staff will continue to manage all company operations.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top